Program for Sovereign Indian Nations
A trusted partner to help protect tribal sovereignty
The many unique and highly specialized insurance needs of the tribal nations require the understanding of a true and trusted expert. OnPoint’s Program for Sovereign Indian Nations is your trusted partner. Created more than 20 years ago at the Native American community’s request for an insurance program, our tribal-sovereignty focus provides tailored and cost-effective insurance solutions. Our Program for Sovereign Indian Nations has the knowledge and understanding of tribes’ specific cultural, financial and legal requirements. This depth of experience, combined with our strong carrier relationship and extensive coverage capabilities, means you receive tailored coverage at the best value.
We offer tribal-specific solutions including:
- Reduce costs and prevent loss with early intervention. Our in-depth pre-loss consulting helps control risk, preserve assets and pave the way for earlier post-lost response.
- Ensure prompt settlement with claims advocacy. We are on you and your clients’ side to see you through the entire claims process, exceeding expectations to ensure quick and appropriate resolution. Our claims management professionals work closely with Tribal representatives at every step to help mitigate losses and ultimately reduce the cost of risk.
- Preserve your sovereignty through risk management consulting. As a trusted advisor to your clients, we understand your constant concern over threats to the sovereignty of your clients. It is our position that a Tribe’s right to self-determination and self-governance can only be protected through its sovereignty and its exercise of that power.
In addition, we offer tribal-specific solutions including:
- All-Risk Property including blanket limits and the critical coverage extensions that matter most for your client’s exposures
- General and Professional Liability including Police Professional, Health Care Professional, Tribal Officials E&O and Employment Practices Liability
- Tribal Workers’ Benefits (TWB) including competitively priced Guaranteed Cost and Loss-Sensitive options that give Tribes with excellent risk-management the ability to access significant savings at program inception
- Automobile Physical Damage and Liability specifically tailored to address unique Sovereign Nation automobile exposures
- Excess Liability offering limits for all primary policy coverage extensions including Sexual Misconduct, Errors & Omissions and Employment Practices Liability
- Construction Insurance including Large-Limit Builders Risk and Construction Wrap-Up Policies proven to save Tribes money during construction projects